PDS Tech Inc Engineering Technician in Mesa, Arizona
PDS Tech is actively seeking an Engineering Technician for our client in Mesa, AZ
Under direction of supervision, performs review of proposed encroachments and resolution of existing encroachments in client Right-of-Way (R.O.W.). Generates various reports and documentation for management using computerized information systems. Resolves existing encroachments and unauthorized use of client property based upon transmission line asset management processes, procedures, guidelines, and transmission line maintenance practices. Performs evaluations of field conditions for client maintenance equipment access and set up within client R.O.W. Evaluates proposed and/or existing improvements from civil engineering, architectural and landscape plans, and provides written review comments based upon client transmission line maintenance practices and guidelines. Prepares documentation and reports status of plan reviews, meetings and other correspondence related to proposed improvement projects and existing encroachments in client R.O.W. Generates various reports using data from SmallWorld, Cimage and various Microsoft products for use by management.
• Contacts outside agencies, such as utilities, government agencies, developers, engineers, manufactures, vendors, and others.
• Provides technical assistance on special projects as required by supervision.
• Provides engineering support and technical expertise to other departments.
• Knowledge of line construction and maintenance practices. Knowledge of land rights, survey and overhead/underground line construction and maintenance.
• Knowledge of Microsoft office suite, SmallWorld, LRIMS, SharePoint and Cimage applications
• Ability to work with client R.O.W. contractor or customer service personnel in answering questions from property owners, municipalities, and governmental agencies
• Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, to technical and non-technical stakeholders, and ability to provide or obtain information to/from other departments affected by the transmission line asset management process.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple assignments with concurrent schedules and plan own workload.
College level coursework (100+) from an accredited institution will be evaluated on an individual basis according to the skill/level to determine if applicable to the position by management.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.