PDS Tech Inc Metering Analyst/Engineer in Mesa, Arizona
PDS Tech is currently seeking a Metering Analyst for our power and electric client in Mesa, AZ
• Provide engineering services to our client in a technically sound, safe, timely and cost-effective manner to enable client to realize its goals and objectives for providing water and energy related services.
• Performs engineering design work and engineering studies.
• Performs field engineering work.
• May perform as engineering project leader.
• Administers and reviews work performed by consultants and others.
• Prepares and/or conducts written and oral reports and presentations.
• Performs analyses with knowledge of utility meter products, meter programs and resulting meter data.
• Configure and implement metering programs.
• Generally performs engineering design, field work, and analysis and critically conducts design reviews optimize systems and performance or improve energy conservation and savings. May help prepare investment cases or cost benefit analysis.
• Responsible for the operation, maintenance, performance, and health of metering systems such as the Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) systems, beyond the meter (BTM) systems, and substation metering systems.
• Provides accurate and timely documentation of engineering, quality, configuration, testing, and maintenance documentation including technical diagrams and matrixes. Support the creation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), troubleshooting guides, and other internal intellectual property to support effective and repeatable process.
• Develops test strategies and test plans for hardware, firmware, application software and other integrated systems, such as beyond the metering platforms. Develops test data, performs test analysis and documents test results.
• Responsible for the engineering configuration aspects of core metering systems such as the AMI Head End System, BTM systems, and substation metering systems.
• Prepares and/or conducts written and oral reports, and presentations related to engineering findings, technical opportunities, or solutions.
• Provides mentoring, guidance, and training as needed to one or more junior team members.
Minimum : Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related Technology
Preferred : Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum, an International Engineering Alliance (IEA) recognized institution, ABET Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) or any state or internationally recognized PE registration.
Five (5) years’ full-time experience actively engaged in engineering practice or as senior AMI analyst with similar expertise. Must have demonstrated the successful accomplishment of work of the nature defined for the job.
Ability to work effectively with various organizational groups within client.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.