PDS Tech Inc Administrative Assistant in Miami, Florida
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an Administrative Assistant in Miami, FL.
Job Summary :
The Administrative Assistant II provides complex administrative and clerical support. The ideal candidate will have one to two years or more experience in a fast-paced office environment. The candidate will have an understanding of general office procedures, the ability to communicate effectively, solve intermediate level problems, assist with basic research, respond to department inquiries (including communication with external customers), assist with the development and administration of various departmental programs and reports, as well as perform administrative and office support activities for multiple managers and/or department.
Job Duties - Some Examples of the job duties may include:
• Planning and coordinating meeting arrangements including travel and lodging.
• Calendar management of meetings and details for events and/or meetings for managers and/or for department.
• Making arrangements for presentation materials and equipment and ensuring all event arrangements are handled.
• Composing and producing documents, maintaining relevant databases and related records.
• Updating and maintaining departmental websites.
• Researching, analyzing and summarizing data for reports independently.
• Assisting with department budget, process expense reports, organize and maintain department filing systems and other records.
• Answering phones; route callers, take messages, respond to inquiries; greet visitors; request and provide routine information as well as handles walk-in inquiries.
• Communicating effectively, screening and prioritizing incoming calls.
• Ordering supplies and equipment; making requests for repairs and services; monitoring and updating inventory, budget and account records.
• Problem solving routine problems and communications where the response is based on existing procedures;
• Responding to inquiries on departmental policies/ procedures. May have to research information to resolve problems or issues.
• Typing and proofreading documents produced by others.
• Creating, maintaining and collecting data for standard reports charts, graphs, spreadsheets and databases.
• Being exposed to confidential information and handling confidential matters.
• High School Education or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum of one to two years of administrative support experience preferred.
• Intermediate Microsoft Office skill level or better in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Internet search skills as relevant to the position and knowledgeable with using computer applications.
• Standard report generation; office administrative practices and procedures.
• Skilled with meeting critical deadlines and good time management skills preferred.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, basic research, and time management skills
• Requires very good verbal and written communication and listening skills.
• Ability to deal successfully with the public in person and over the telephone.
• Flexible and willing to assist with coverage in other departments during fluctuations in volume, vacation coverage or leave of absence coverage and as required by business need and management team
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment under minimal supervision with a high attention to detail preferred.
• Friendly and professional demeanor and initiative to seek improvements to processes preferred.
• Good organization, discretion and independent judgment skills and ability to understand policies and procedures preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.