PDS Tech Inc Ink Technician-1st Shift in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The key responsibilities of the ink technician are to mix inks per color formulas in sufficient quantities to maintain full press area production. Forecast ink requirements from press schedule. Issue inks using the ink inventory system. Perform press side color matching.
• Make required ink for Travelers, provided by QC and Lead techs.
• Issue inks using the ink inventory system.
• Forecast ink requirements from press schedule.
• Maintain Inventory of bases on dispenser.
• Mixing Drums for presses, allocating them out of inventory.
• Keep toner pails stocked on toner staging racks.
• Maintain Refill sheet, checking Inventory Prior to Dispensing Inks.
• Pulling stock ink and taking to the lab for QC.
• Perform press side color matching.
• Assist Returns/Material Handler as needed.
• Maintain PM schedule of dispenser.
• Maintain Housekeeping.
REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION:
Basic Flexo printing knowledge.
Basic computer/keyboard skills
Able to move 55 gallon drums (with aids) and lift 5 gallon pails.
Able to pass color perception test.
Capable of, and commit to follow the plant and departmental safety procedures, food safety guidelines and ISO procedure
Good communication and organizational skills
Good mathematical skills.
Continuous learning will be expected
Able to work overtime as required
The schedule for this site is *hours are Mon-Fri 7am- 3pm *
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.