PDS Tech Inc Structural Analysis Engineer- Secret in Minneapolis, Minnesota
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Structural Analyst, in Minneapolis, MN.
Activities involve the detailed structural analysis supporting design and testing of precision guided munitions systems.
The position is within the Structural Dynamics group of the Applied Mechanics department.
That group is responsible for structural analyses in support of requirements assessment, trade studies, prototype design, detailed design, test preparation, and analysis of structural-related test data to guide successful design activities.
The group and position work within an interdisciplinary design team to support the iterative and evolving design process.
• Model development - Geometry information collection - Material information collection - Development of a model, often using FEA/FEM - Model running for various load cases - Collecting, summarizing, and analyzing results relative to task requirements - Documenting and presenting results with conclusions and recommendations • Active participation in design team meetings
• Active participation in test planning activities
• Analysis, interpretation, and application of test data to design activities
• Working with group colleagues to develop and apply best practices to structural analysis activities
• Proven skills in the use of Finite Element tools for structural analysis
• Proven ability to develop working FEA/FEM models for complex geometries and load cases
• Proven ability to analyze FEA/FEM results
• Proven ability to document and present modeling results
• 5+ years of experience in structural analysis
• Experience performing systems engineering trade studies, analysis of alternatives, sensitivity analysis, etc.
• Experience working in an interdisciplinary engineering design team
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Civil Engineering
• Must have an activeSecret clearance or held one within the last two years. Please list candidates' clearance level in the submittal.
• Familiarity with FEA/FEM tools such as Abaqus or ANSYS
• Demonstrated ability to import geometries from CAD models (Creo) into FEA/FEM software
• Demonstrated ability to describe stresses and relate to allowables
• Familiarity with test data used to prove designs and validate models
• Analysis of weapon systems
• Familiarity with weapon's specs
• Experience in using Abaqus Explicit (and modeling of transients in general)
• Familiarity with problems involving fluid/structure interactions
• Knowledge of various structural failure modes and associated design mitigations
• Master's or PhD in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Civil Engineering with focus on mechanical analysis and/or test
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.