PDS Tech Inc Assoc. Project Manager in Needham, Massachusetts
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an Assoc. Project Manager in Needham, MA
Independently leads the program management and execution of multiple procurement strategic imperatives and initiatives. With minimal supervision, operates as an internal consultant cross a global network of divisions, groups, functions and categories to ensure successful program delivery. In conjunction with relevant business partners leads and delivers large, complex initiatives that identify, design, and implement novel business solutions for Procurement. Initiates and leads the project planning, business case development, management and budgeting. Mobilizes and leads distributed project teams; identify key stakeholders. Directs on-time, quality delivery of work products; leads implementation economics, risk and communications.
Scale of Responsibilities
• Defines the deliverable structure and content; facilitates agreement of proposed solutions from functional, business unit and site leadership, site operations, and other key partners
• Leads multiple projects at a time with well-documented and organized project management methodologies to problem solve and support enterprise and functional objectives
• Develops effective communication strategies and deliver executive-level presentations to propose key initiatives, provide critical implementation updates, operational line-of-sight, and demonstrate delivery of value within the organization
• Identifies and monitors key risks and the impact of those risks on the project and through scenario planning
• Performs analysis to identify value and business case development, through financial and options analysis, identification of required achievements and deliverables, implementation plans and resources required to achieve and ensure projects add value to the organization.
• Tracks confidentiality commitments and clearances for the project
Reports on key targets, projects, pipeline (with Group/Category visibility), and AOP financial targets, including adoption of a standard tool and processes
• Coordinates data inputs across the function to enable key reporting visibility and insights
• Utilizes business partner inputs and knowledge of existing systems and constraints to develop standard reporting requirements and drive process improvements
• Applies consistent project management approaches and processes, identifies and reports roadblocks and variances to project plans, ensures projects are on schedule and achieve stated objectives
• Tracks and monitors timely completion of project milestones within the portfolio, plan vs. actual and report that progress as required
• Orchestrates project governance, including regular cadence of PMO sessions (schedule, prepare for, run and drive follow-ups for key meetings)
• Leads overall project plans, overall schedules, budgets, resources, timelines
Detects and facilitates issue resolution including appropriate escalation to address program risk
• Maintains document repository and file structure as well as access rights; own cataloguing and monitoring version control on key documents
• Uses PPI business systems and processes to drive continuous improvement
• Leads global, cross-functional, geographically distributed teams to achieve desired outcomes
• Coordinates with team members to identify and document resource constraints
Influences key partners in order to achieve key milestones on time and within plan, develop relationships within the company to complete assigned projects.
• Facilitates breakthrough thinking by integrating diverse views while participating in targeted content deep dive sessions to enable problem solving
• Collaborates with Procurement Enablement on reporting cadences to achieve a single source of truth for the savings pipeline and inflation
• Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance, Engineering, or Science. MBA desirable.
• Certification in Project Management is desirable.
• Eight plus years experience leading complex, global programs and project initiatives, preferably within the Procurement function
• Life Sciences, BioTech, or Pharma industry preferred
• Experience in Procurement, Supply Chain, Sourcing, Category Management preferred
• Process improvement background (PPI, Lean, Six Sigma, etc) preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Robust project management skills and capabilities (Gantt charts, dashboards, key deliverables, business case and baseline development)
• Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to efficiently organize forums and coordinate communication with team members
• Excellent communication skills for structuring ideas in a clear and concise manner
• Strong ability to effectively communicate with and present to Senior Leadership
• Strong proficiency in MS-Office tools (specifically, MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Demonstrated ability to make recommendations on and deliver assigned projects
• Can work independently, within a team, and collaboratively across teams
• Ability to lead matrix project teams of peers and other stakeholders and navigate within a matrix environment
• Ability to work across multiple sites and platforms in a virtual office environment
• Solid Financial acumen
• Multi-tasking skills and planning for prioritizing personal workload
• Able to lead change effectively and frequently
• Ability to travel between 10% in the U.S.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.