PDS Tech Inc Top Secret - Network and Systems Engineer in Norfolk, Virginia
PDS Tech is seeking a Network and Systems Engineer for an open position in Norfolk, VA
Perform site survey, inventory of FFR IT assets, realignment planning, system reconfiguration, engineering, update of network drawing and configuration data and associated technical support for FFR site in OCONUS Navy regions but not including Hawaii. Project personnel will be required to visit OCONUS Navy installations and FFR facilities to discover and verify all existing network configuration, including direct Internet connection; recommend the best approach to integrate each with the FFR C2SOC and TIAPs; assist regional N9s to complete necessary reconfiguration with minimal disruptions to regional N9 operations and provide integration testing and establish configuration data, network drawing and documentation after completion of each realignment effort.
Mid-level Network/System Administrator:
• Experience working as a dispatched technician in a dynamic environment.
• Organizational and task management skills.
• Willingness to work extended hours, as needed for project or customer support.
• Experience collaborating with other team members in pursuit of shared goals.
• Excellent oral communication skills, including ability to explain complex IT concepts and practices in non-technical terms.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills; experience delivering technical solutions in a high-touch, fast paced environment.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP networks to include IP addressing and subnetting.
• Experience with configuring, installing and troubleshooting Cisco switches, routers and firewalls.
• Experience in configuring 802.11 wireless network.
• Experience in Solarwinds NPM, NCM and IPAM.
• Familiarity with network communication standards and protocols, including TCPIP, DNS, and DHCP.
• Knowledge of installing and troubleshooting cabling - Cat 6, multimode and single mode fiber.
• Experience configuring and deploying desktop and laptop computers and peripherals; proficiency with PC hard drive imaging tools and methods.
• Experience with PC hardware repair and component.
• Experience installing, configuring, and managing network printing assets including MFP devices.
• Remote setup and support of PC hardware and software solutions including proficient use of remote access tools and methods.
• Ability to Document work performed (i.e. tickets).
• Ability to work in and troubleshoot MS Office Software.
• Active Directory Experience.
• Answer end-user support calls and emails.
• Effective troubleshooting skills to include analysis, research and deployment of technical solutions in the field to remediate PC hardware, application, and operating system problems.
• A+ CE\Network+ CE\SSCP\CCNA-Security Certification (8570 IAT Level I).
• Experience with Microsoft Visio
• Certifications - Security +, CCNA Security, CCNA (routing/switching), Network All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.