PDS Tech Inc Senior Buyer/Planner in Page, Arizona
PDS Tech is currently seeking an Senior Buyer/Planner in Page, AZ.
The Buyer/Planner creates, manages, and administers purchase orders and subsequent modifications (purchase order revisions) consistent with internal clients’ needs, inventory requirements and procurement policies/procedures. The position is responsible for executing purchase orders for stock coded materials, direct charge purchases and services based on departmental guidelines (monetary thresholds). Buyer/Planners are responsible for ensuring appropriate inventory quantities (levels) of stock-coded material at designated warehouses necessary to support the companies' operations, which include engineering, maintenance, construction and indirect support functions.
Responsible for the creation and maintenance of purchase orders utilizing requisitions received from internal clients or requisitioning systems. Includes preparation and submittal of bids or request for proposals (RFP’s) when necessary; evaluation of quotes; placing purchase orders; determining freight carriers; and expediting shipments. These activities are limited to standard stock-coded purchases and one-time, direct charge, goods purchases. Also includes releasing purchase orders from complex agreements created by Contract Analysts.
• Review requisitions for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with existing policies and procedures; ensure all material requests are received and processed for action in a timely manner; edit requisitions and confer with departments regarding requirements, specifications, quantity and quality of merchandise; and determine delivery requirements.
• Determine replenishment quantities and inventory stocking levels for maintenance, repair and operating supplies (MRO). Maintain associated planning system parameters based on this information (update order points/order quantities).
• Advise and assist internal clients in obtaining proper materials specifications, quantity, and delivery method.
• Assist with obtaining and maintaining information on suppliers' service, quality, sustainability and other performance metrics for use when making future purchasing decisions. Work with internal clients and Contract Analysts to resolve issues with suppliers as they arise.
• Participate in continuous effort to improve personal skills, operations, decrease turnaround times, increase inventory turns ratios, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
High School Diploma
College level coursework from an accredited institution will be evaluated on an individual basis according to the skill/level.6 years in a related field - SAP and past purchasing experience are preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.