PDS Tech Inc IT Solutions Engineer, Parsippany, NJ 07054 in Parsippany, New Jersey
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Solutions Engineer, Parsippany, NJ 07054.
Contact Elisabeth Laspe for details. 314-669-8020 email@example.com
20-month Contract to Hire. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder to qualify!
The Solution Engineer works within the client facing technology team to ensure the timely, quality delivery of Dovetail reference solutions, product enhancements and customizations to Dovetail clients. Under the direction of a Solution Architect, you will support and advise clients during the full implementation lifecycle. This work includes advising and guiding the deployment, configuration, and integration and testing of the Dovetail Solution in Client test environments. In addition, you will have the opportunity to produce high-level design and estimation work for new functionality as assigned. There is frequent liaison across the business, but specifically with business analysts, developers, and release management.
• Under the guidance of the Solution Architect, advise on our technical implementation approach and help to rationalize software architecture choices
• Work with Solutions Architect to shape solution during definition stage
• Support deployment and configuration efforts with our clients (code merging, continuous integration).
• Provide technical Implementation Support during different test stages
• Perform some development, code reviews and analysis of existing code
• Write functional tests using Dovetail’s proprietary framework
• Provide production support and can resolve issues when required
• Support Solutions Architect in pre-sales support and customer presentations
• BSc or MSc educated
• 3 years plus experience in a hands-on Java development role; can analyze existing Java code
• 1+ years Oracle or other RDBMS experience
• 1+ years’ experience in a client facing/implementation role
Skills Required :
• Project/implementation life-cycle experience covering:
• design, configuration, coding, testing, implementation and documentation
• Good troubleshooting skills
• Experience with payments or banking advantageous
• Works to deadlines and can escalate issues effectively
• Excellent communication, written and team skills.
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated, with the ability to work alone.
• Adaptable to working with different clients and cultures in locations across the UK, US and Continental Europe
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.