PDS Tech Inc Material Handler - Level 4 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
PDS Tech is seeking a Material Handler in Pittsburgh, PA
• Process shipping requests in both the company in-house system and in the carrier system when applicable.
• Arrange for shipments and pick-ups with freight forwarders (air and ocean), trucking companies (LTL) and standard package couriers.
• Prepare all pertinent documents needed in exporting foreign shipments such as; commercial invoices, export declarations via AES, packing lists, labels, airway bills, bills of lading, certificates of origin, and any similar documentation as required.
• Ensure compliance with Federal, State, and clientshipping policies and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with international regulatory agencies by remaining up to date with proper use of Inco terms 2000, harmonized tariff codes, etc. This includes attending training seminars, reading publications, and communicating any potential non-conformances with immediate supervisor.
• Adhere to all DG Transport and clientLevel II Standards.
• Maintains inventory for Shipping/Receiving supplies.
• Package customer orders per client packaging processes and procedures.
• Sorts and delivers inter-office and USPS mail to each designated mail room.
• Retrieves voicemail from main line twice daily and forwards, as appropriate.
• Reconciles receipts, and resolves invoice issues as related to Shipping/Receiving
• Adhere to client policies, safety standards, process standards and good housekeeping practices.
• Serve as functional clientsupport within the R&D Lab and office environment, including providing support on clientprograms and ensuring full and on-going compliance with applicable regulatory and client requirements.
• Maintain current Standards and Regulatory compliance to meet or exceed client expectations as they are related to the OLRS program
• Support incident investigations, conducting corrective action closure verification activities, monitoring trends and championing injury/illness/incident reduction, and any other client action items mandated by HON.
• Lead, and support employee involvement (FRT monthly meetings, risk assessments, annual evacuations and drills).
• Compliance and audit support of the OLRS program
• Support Facilities in managing the overall site, including the parking passes and locker assignments
• Back up Facilities for security badge management and access permissions/changes
• Other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Degree or equivalent experience required. DG Certification is a plus.
Experience: Previous experience shipping, both domestic and internationally. Experience working with an integrated ERP system is a plus.
Skills: Must be computer literate with knowledge of PC Windows based operating systems. Effective time management and multi-tasking skills. Knowledge for both Domestic and International Shipping. Knowledge of Dangerous Goods laws and requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.