PDS Tech Inc Electrical Engineer in Portland, Oregon
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking for an Electrical Engineer in Portland, OR.
The main function of an electrical engineer is to design, develop, test or supervise the manufacturing and installation of electrical equipment, components, or systems for commercial, industrial, military or scientific use. A typical electrical engineer has the ability to make engineering harnesses, drawings, and read and interpret blueprints.
• Design, develop, and test the manufacture of electrical equipment, including machinery controls, wiring, and lighting.
• Evaluate the cost effectiveness, reliability and safety of certain design models.
• Estimate time and cost to complete projects.
• Simulate and test machine/structure/system operation.
• Investigate and test vendors’ and competitors’ products.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering required.
• 5-7 years experience required.
• Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
• Team player and detail oriented.
• Basic leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
• Ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations.
• Ability to perform details calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction and installation standards and specifications.
• Ability to apply principles of electrical theory to engineering projects.
• Previous experience with computer applications and design software related to engineering field.
• Previous experience with creating and analyzing power electronics, such as high voltage power distribution units, voltage converters a plus.
• Previous experience with systems and processes a pus.
• Familiarity with high power net systems within 400-1,200 DC
• Knowledge in high voltage in architecture in electric truck or electric car
• CAD and drawing experience. If its NX its really good and if its Catia that is acceptable as well.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.