PDS Tech Inc Quality Engineer - Defect Investigator in Portland, Oregon
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking for a Quality Engineer in Portland, OR.
Conduct safety and emissions defect and noncompliance investigations; fact finding, analysis, and reporting based on inquiries raised by regulatory regulatory agencies and internal to Daimler.
• Understand the system/design/component.
• Meet with cross-functional team to evaluate potential safety concern.
• Run warranty seeks and analyze data, both high level and deep dive.
• Refine impacted populations
• Present results to higher-level management (TCT) and government agencies.
• Prepare & submit required recall documentation per regulatory requirements.
• Review Service Bulletin and other technical literature from Compliance perspective.
• Locate, read, interpret, and keep up to date with regulations and standards, FMVSS, CMVSS, and FMCSA
• May review or update training material or presentations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required
• Strong analytical and communication skillsets
• 0-2 years of engineering or statistics experience
• Strong analytical and problem solving ability, and detail oriented.
• Effective interpersonal & communication skills and the ability to work effectively with others with demonstrated communication skills both verbal and written.
• Demonstrated experience performing data analysis
• Knowledge of heavy duty trucks with basic ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawing, schematics and computer-generated reports.
• Legal and/or regulatory experience, preference.
• Experience with data tools (i.e. IMACS, EMMA, or QAS) or Software (Tableau, MS Products - Excel and PowerPoint) preference.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.