PDS Tech Inc Network Performance Analyst, Raleigh, NC 27609 in Raleigh, North Carolina
PDS TECH INC. is seeking a Network Performance Analyst, in Raleigh, NC 27609. Contact Elisabeth Lapse for details 314-669-8020 email@example.com
6-month contract to hire. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder to qualify and must not have traveled outside the US for a combined total of 6 months or more in last 5 years. Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years . Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Use networking methods and tools for resolution of incidents or problems.
• Remediate networking and reliability problems
• Measure network utilization and performance, data analysis and determination of network capacity levels.
• Perform studies at field locations after installation of equipment to determine the efficiency of the system and take appropriate remedial action.
• Recommend engineering changes for field locations and major network entities to improve network performance and maintain service level standards.
• Measure, evaluate, implement and review network performance improvement projects.
• Keep abreast of the latest advances to network performance evaluation technology and uses this information to improve network systems design, implementation and operation.
• Perform on-call duties as needed.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelors degree and minimum 2 years of related experience. Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Minimum 5 years networking experience in a large enterprise environment.
• Knowledge of information systems operations as it relates to computer and telecommunications acquisition, installation, security, operations, and maintenance.
• Knowledge of performance process analysis and procedures for local and wide area networks (LANs/WANs/WLANs).
• Knowledge of network management systems and protocols.
• Knowledge of current network technologies including but not limited to Routing, Switching, Load Balancing, Domain Name Services (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Internet Protocol v4 and v6, Quality of Service (QoS), Voice over IP (VoIP).
• Ability to utilize performance monitoring hardware and software, e.g. packet capture data to troubleshoot and interpret telecommunication network performance and determine causes of network and application problems.
• Ability to monitor, support, and maintain high-quality network and telecommunication services for very large enterprise networks.
• Ability to communicate, orally and in writing, sufficient to develop and present management briefings; provide written and/or verbal guidance on technical issues; and prepare/present recommendations and reports.
• Minimum 7+ years of network experience
• Previous work experience with using Netscout network products.
• CCNA / CCNE or other applicable certifications.
• Local to the RDU / Research Triangle area (this position does not provide relocation assistance)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.