PDS Tech Inc Engineering Planner in Redmond, Washington
• Managing the end to end supply chain relationship with a specified group of vendors so as to ensure the best possible quality, cost, delivery and overall supplier reliability for the Business Unit or Value Stream(s).
• Applying SOF principles to build and manage effective supplier management processes and strong supplier relationships and partnerships.
• Researching vendors and developing new and alternative sources of supply where vendors and preferred suppliers are inadequate.
• Continually monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the performance of both current and prospective vendors.
• Managing the demand signals to the vendors, ensuring all goods are received on time and in accordance with planned inventory strategies
• Reviewing MRP requirements to ensure component deliveries are scheduled in line with production requirements; reviewing and issuing purchase orders and making necessary changes to requirements, schedule and price.
• Ensuring that critical purchase orders are communicated to the vendors and are effectively expedited to maintain smooth production operations
• Managing day to day procurement activities including internal and vendor communications; negotiating schedule and delivery changes with vendors; negotiating price changes with vendors, negotiating revised terms and special arrangements with vendors.
• Performing all operations according to appropriate government regulations (FAR, DFAR, ITAR, EAR).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.