PDS Tech Inc Senior Accountant in Richardson, Texas
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Senior Accountant for a 6 Month Contract in Richardson, TX
If you are interested, please apply here or email your resume to Jill Maasberg at email@example.com
Client provides a complete portfolio of business technology services, computing platforms, and industry solutions. Client platform products are based on scalable, reliable and high-performance server, storage, point-of-sale, and mobile technologies. Client combines its renowned platform offerings with a full suite of onshore, near shore and offshore system integration, outsourcing, and datacenter services covering applications, operations, infrastructure, customer service, and multi-vendor lifecycle services. Client provides industry-specific solutions for retail, manufacturing, healthcare, government, education, financial services, and telecommunications sectors.
Major functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Prepare monthly journal entries by compiling relevant data, with supporting documentation and appropriate descriptions.
• Review monthly accruals for accuracy and record the applicable journal entries. Research accounting transactions and ensure necessary corrections and adjustments are made.
• Assist in month-end close process on accounting system
• Prepare monthly account reconciliation for related balance sheet accounts with detailed support schedules. Take appropriate action to clear the reconciling items. Work with business units to prepare adjustment to specific accounts.
• Provide explanations for accounts with large variances. Develop ad-hoc reporting that is relevant, actionable, and accurate to facilitate organizational decision making
• Assists GL manager on monthly account reconciliation tracking process
• Provide support information for tax request, and assist the internal/external auditors in their inquiries
• Work with IT to implement changes and testing of the systems
• Work on special projects as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Ability to meet tight deadlines, and prioritize competing workloads with minimal supervision
• Strong analytical, evaluative and problem-solving skills. High attention to details
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel. 2 year experience on Oracle, SAP or other large ERP system
• 3-5 years of work experience in general ledger accounting area.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.