PDS Tech Inc Maintenance Mechanic - Level 2 in Rock Island, Illinois
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic in Rock Island, IL.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Work extensively on maintaining rotary injection molding machines and associated equipment; make multiple mold changes, repair molds, etc.
• Generates and completes repair and maintenance tickets as assigned and ensures that the maintenance log on individual equipment is kept up to date and accurate
• Possess trouble shooting skills in standard equipment.
• Troubleshoots equipment problems and perform immediate repairs and preventative maintenance on equipment.
• Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
• Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
• Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities
• Use a variety of hand held tools, meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
• Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
• Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
• Ensures that his/her work habits adhere to the Health, Safety and Environmental policies and practices of the department and the Facility.
• Successful candidate is reliable, an independent learner and a self-starter, able to trouble shoot and do PM work, can follow trouble-shooting procedures, analytical, knows Lock out Tag out procedures, safety-minded, good people skills when dealing with machine operators of all levels of experience to determine the running status of the equipment or maintenance requirements ability to work as a team
- Additional Details from call with Supervisor:• This position is Maintaining a Vinyl Injection Machine• Having a hydraulics background would be extremely beneficial• Completing maintenance on the machine• These are large Injection Machines that make vinyl boots• Will be trouble shooting low voltage• Supervisor wants the person to learn on the equipment• Needs to understand the metrics of machinery• Troubleshooting sensors, switches that affect the operation of the machinery• No wiring needed for this positionTHIS IS NOT A MAINTENANCE POSITION FOR APARTMENTS NOR HOTELS
• 3 years of maintenance experience with manufacturing or other heavy equipment, with a fundamental understanding of mechanical and electrical principles or equivalent technical degree.
• 3 Years of working experience with hand power tools.
• Experience with injection molding processes or equipment
• Ability to read wiring diagrams and troubleshoot electrical systems
• Ability to analyze and troubleshoot hydraulic and pneumatic circuits
• Experience or demonstrated understanding of robotics programming, calibration and operation
• Experience in the assembly and dismantling of Production/Prototype machinery
• Ability to obtain a site license to operate fork lifts.
• Experience with welding (TIG and/or stick)
• Ability to lift 50 pounds without difficulty
• Frequent bending, reaching, stooping, constant walking, standing, and pulling and good vision
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
• Eye Protection Glasses with Side Shields
• Face Shield/Splash Goggles specific to the job.
• Gloves – specific to the job required.
• Steel Toe Shoes with metatarsals protection to be worn at all times
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.