PDS Tech Inc Warehouse Worker in Rockford, Illinois
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Warehouse Worker in Rockford, IL
Responsible for picking, packing and shipping protein biology products safely, accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced setting.
• Pick, pack and ship dangerous goods/hazmat, temperature sensitive and non-dangerous goods/hazmat products for domestic and international shipments.
• Understand and follow regulations for shipping dangerous goods/hazmat products by ground, sea and air.
• Accurately perform daily cycle count activities
• Follow Kanban rules
• Apply 5S principles and sustain them
• Follow Standard Work and apply best practices
• Cross train to perform all warehouse functions
• Learn and pass required Dangerous Goods/Hazmat Processing Training
• Identify and participate in continuous improvement initiatives
• Perform and complete annual self-assessments as part of the annual review process
• Work in a team environment
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or GED required
• Requires a minimum of 0-2 years related experience
• Use an RF Scanner/Unit
• Work in multiple tempered environments on a regular basis (-20OC and 4OC)
• Safely handle dry ice
• Intermediate problem-solving ability in a fast-paced environment
• Basic computer skills to interact with Shipping Software and ERP programs
• Operate a forklifts and aerial lifts
• Physical Demands
o Walking/ standing 90% of the time on the floor up to ten daily
o Move and lift up to 30 pounds on a regular basis and 50 pounds on an occasional basis
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.