PDS Tech Inc Systems Automation Engineer in Rockwall, Texas
PDS Tech Inc is seeking a System Automation Engineer in Rockwall, TX
• Systems Engineer with software background and orientation toward test automation.
• Collaborate with Software Engineers and Systems Engineers to determine test automation requirements and priorities.
• Develop and implement a strategy to automate testing, improve test coverage, and improve software quality.
• Participate in implementation of automated test tools and automated test infrastructure.
• Implement and execute tests using the automated tools and infrastructure.
• Participate in implementation of automated collection of test metrics and detailed reports of testing progress.
• Evaluate automated testing results and recommend improvement opportunities.
• Guide, coach and train teams in best automated testing practices.
• Create, maintain and control test plans, test cases, test scripts and test data for repeatable and reliable testing.
• Ensure traceability from requirements to test cases and test scripts.
• The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related discipline and seven (7) years applicable experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
• Effective oral and written communication, as well as excellent listening skills
• Ability to solve new problems creatively and collaboratively
• Ability to work independently and in a small team environment to achieve project goals
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Familiar with development, build and continuous integration environments (ex. Git, Jenkins)
• Familiar with container formats (ex. Docker, Kubernetes)
• Familiar with system configuration management tools (ex. Ansible, Salt, Puppet)
• Exposure to scalable distributed systems
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.