PDS Tech Inc Assembly & Test Technician in Rocky Mount, North Carolina
PDS Tech is seeking an FAA Assembly & Test Technician in Rocky Mount, NC.
Performs standard testing processes on a variety of equipment and records and analyzes results.
Requires knowledge of industry specific tests and testing equipment.
Requires an associate's degree and 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Performs a variety of tasks.
Works under direct supervision.
A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Typically reports to a supervisor.
Lifting will exceed 30 Lbs. and/or repetitions of this or lesser weights will be significant.
Exposure to substantial machine, chemical, biological or other physical risks are anticipated.
• US Citizen
• High School Diploma
• Able to follow detailed assembly and test instructions consistently, and interpret blueprints/drawings.
• Ability to use precision measuring devices such as micrometers, dial indicators, dial calipers and depth micrometers.
• Ability to work with hand tools of different types.
• Basic computer skills with ability to navigate internet and MS office.
• Intermediate math skills
• Minimum 2-3 years experience in an assembly and/or test manufacturing environment
• North Carolina WorkKeys Career Readiness certificate, Silver or Gold preferred
• Six Sigma training or certification
• Associates degree
• Able to work and communicate well with others.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced aerospace production environment.
• Must be able to work in a team environment and solve issues at the lowest level.
• Knowledge and demonstrated adherence to 5-S principles
• Have led or actively participated in an continuous improvement manufacturing activity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.