PDS Tech Inc Lab Analytical Assistant in Saint Louis, Missouri
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Lab Analytical Assistant, in Saint Louis, MO.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Imaging Lab Associate, are to:
• Conduct and manage imaging-based lab experiments for agricultural applications
• Operate and maintain complex imaging systems such as optical, hyperspectral, fluorescence, X-ray, NMR, and CT
• Maintain and create standard processes for managing biological lab samples
• Develop and conduct standard operating procedures for custom imaging equipment
• Troubleshoot common equipment issues
• Work in a multi-disciplinary team along-side Imaging Scientists, Researchers, Data Scientists, and Software Engineers
• Verify quality of imaging data and common image analysis
• Follow and adhere to necessary safety protocols and practices
• Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or a relevant technical/ science-related field (Master’s is preferred)
• Must have 2-3 years experience operating complex imaging technology such as X-ray, fluorescence, CT, hyperspectral, NMR, microscopy, etc..
• Must have working knowledge of imaging systems and imaging science
• Must have ability to work independently and follow experimental procedures
• Must have 2-3 years of hands-on lab experience
• Experience using common image analysis software
• Preferred experience with common programming languages such as Python and Matlab
• Knowledge of biology, plant science and/or agriculture preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.