PDS Tech Inc Project Manager in Saint Louis, Missouri
The Senior Engineer III will manage small, minor and major capital projects from end to end and all key components of major capital projects (concept, scope, cost, resources, funding, etc.) They maintain visibility to the design process and assure adherence to all established key components and project deliverables and directly manage overall project execution including construction and commissioning. The Sr. Engineer will coordinate with the client as well as various other groups inside and outside of the organization.
1. Assist in development of pre-project approval documents including project charter, project management plan, project kick start, estimate and milestone schedule creation.
2. Monitor design progress and deliverables are met in adherence to established project key components.
3. Receive design details from design team with full understanding of project deliverables to coordinate bid package development and release for construction bidding and field execution.
4. Select contractors and contracting methods based on engineering ways of working methodology.
5. Direct and execute installation, construction and commissioning of assigned projects.
6. Manage adherence to project scope and secure approvals for all changes in projects based on engineering ways of working methodology.
7. Manage and control project budget providing cost forecasts and cash flow projections through development of project cost and status reports on at least a monthly basis or as requested by project stakeholders.
8. Manage and maintain project milestone schedules with integrated detailed scheduling as agreed upon in the project charter.
9. Provide construction management and plant startup assistance as needed to ensure successful project execution
10. Evaluate, select and issue contracts for construction firms through bidding and prequalification vetting processes.
11. Provide self-directed project management of assigned projects from end to end with minimal supervision from department manager.
12. Monitor work output from less senior engineers on the project team as assigned by the department manager.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Minimum Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited University.
Minimum 10 years’ experience. Requires experience in industrial manufacturing environments.
Skills: Scheduling software knowledge (P6 or Project), Cost Reporting and trending through project management tools and Microsoft Excel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.