PDS Tech Inc Sr. Unix/Linux System Admin. Eagan, MN 55121 in Saint Paul, Minnesota
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking candidate for the role of Unix/Linux System Administrator Sr. in Eagan, MN 55121
NOTE: 6 Months Contract-To-Hire, Applicant Must Be A US Citizen Or Green Card and Must be able to obtain Public Trust Clearance
This is an on-site position with no telecommute possibilities.
must not have traveled outside the US for a combined total of 6 months or more in last 5 years.
Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years
Local to the Eagan, MN area, no relocation assistance provide
Work Hours- 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Roles and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
You will joining the Midrange System Administration teams and provide UNIX / Linux System Administration services for an assigned set of applications. The scope includes the full range of system life-cycle phases including, Build, Application /Service Provisioning, Operations and Decommissioning.
• Installation and maintenance of OS
• Contributor to Incident, Problem and Change Management processes.
• Contribute to build/deploy automation projects
• User Support / Problem resolution
Interested!! Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org/ Direct # 314-665-2124
Basic Qualifications: To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 6 years experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Experience dealing with management of large (>1000 systems) environments
• Experience with Linux (SuSE and Red Hat)
• Experience with OpenShift (build, deploy)
• Experience with Oracle CRS
• Have understanding with configuration management of large environments, utilizing automation tools such as: Chef, Puppet, Ansible or other configuration management frameworks.
• Ability to take customer requirements and create scalable configuration models to support them
• Process Implementation and documentation
• Experience using Change/Incident Management tools (ServiceNow)
• Senior in Linux OS Administration.
• Ability to troubleshoot problems from the Application tier, through the OS and Network tiers.
• Unix Shell Scripting
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Expertise with custom AutoYaST and Kickstart deployments
• Expertise with OpenShift
• Expertise Ansible / Anisible Tower
• Expertise with Cassandra
• Expertise with Oracle CRS (installation/configuration/maintenance)
• Experience with Kafka
• Experience with Hadoop
• SOX/PCI Compliance Management
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.