PDS Tech Inc Unix/Linux System Administrator - Night Shift in Saint Paul, Minnesota
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Unix/Linux System Administrator - Night Shift, in Eagan MN.
NOTE: 6 Months Contract-to-hire
- The position is for nights Monday through Thursday 7:30pm to 6am.
You will join the Midrange System Administration teams and provide UNIX / Linux System Administration services for an assigned set of applications. The scope includes the full range of system life-cycle phases including, Build, Application /Service Provisioning, Operations and Decommissioning.
Roles and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Unix / Linux System Administration
• Installation and maintenance of OS
• Contributor to Incident, Problem and Change Management processes.
• User Support / Problem resolution
Contact: Sana, Email: email@example.com/ 314-665-2124
Basic Qualifications: To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelors Degree and minimum of 4 years experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Experience dealing with management of large (>1000 systems) environments
• Experience with Linux (SuSE and Red Hat)
• Have some understanding with configuration management of large environments, utilizing automation tools such as: Chef, Puppet, Ansible or other configuration management frameworks.
• Ability to take customer requirements and create scalable configuration models to support them
• Process Implementation and documentation
• Experience using Change/Incident Management tools (ServiceNow)
• Senior in Linux OS Administration.
• Ability to troubleshoot problems from the Application tier, through the OS and Network tiers.
• Unix Shell Scripting
• Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance – US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder), and must not have traveled outside the US for a combined total of 6 months or more in last 5 years.
• Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years
Preferred Qualifications: Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Expertise with custom AutoYaST and Kickstart deployments
• Expertise with SMT and custom patch solutions for SuSE and Red Hat systems
• Expertise Ansible / Anisible Tower
• Expertise with Cassandra
• Expertise with Oracle CRS (installation/configuration/maintenance)
• Experience with Kafka
• Experience with Hadoop
• SOX/PCI Compliance Management
• Local to the Eagan, MN area, no relocation assistance provide
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.