PDS Tech Inc Buyer / Planner in Salem, Oregon
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Buyer / Planner in Salem, OR.
Essential Job Functions:
• Function as a key Materials Buyer/Planner team member of a high volume electromechanical Supply Chain Team within a Global business.
• In an Oracle ERP environment, create and execute a Materials Plan by SKU which effectively balances Total Cost, Service, and Inventory.
• Analyze and review monthly sales forecasts at a product family and sku level.
• Identify under/over consumption and take action to mitigate impacts.
• Disposition MRP exception messages as required to validate and act on sources of change.
• Place POs as needed on a timely and accurate basis, negotiating through supply and cost constraints.
• Create and compile performance reports for suppliers and service for Business Units and suggest plans to achieve performance objectives.
• Maintain PO due dates and quantity changes on a daily basis and communicate changes.
• Participate in NPI (New Product Introduction) projects, ensuring timely and accurate service of business objectives.
• Participate in MRB (Material Review Board) and supplier Quality activities including formal root cause/corrective actions.
• Associates degree required with 1-2 years of practical experience in forecasting, purchasing, and MRP or a Bachelors degree with internship of practical experience in forecasting and MRP.
• Experience with ERP systems including inventory planning and purchasing
• Strong analytical skills
• Effective communications skills with ability to work across multiple organizational functions
• Work independently and is self-motivated
• Experience in Supply Chain, Distribution or Manufacturing operations
• No travel
• Microsoft Excel experience to include Pivot table, VLook up, etc
• Highly motivated, team-oriented individual
• Experience with Purchasing
• Strong command of Microsoft Office Suite products
• Excellent teamwork skills –ability to work in cross-functional groups, preferably multi-national
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.