PDS Tech Inc FPGA Design Engineer - DSP in Salt Lake City, Utah
PDS Tech is seeking a FPGA Design Engineer
In your role, you will:
- Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) design engineer with industry experience in digital communications, modems, and/or digital signal processing (DSP). Areas of desired experience or education include:• Modulation• Demodulation• Digital filters• Forward Error Correction (FEC)• FPGA verification through simulation and unit testing.
• Bachelor’s (Master’s preferred) degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
• GPA of 3.0 or greater (3.5 preferred)
• 6+ years FPGA design experience on Digital Signal Processing designs.
• Experience in either VHDL (preferred) or Verilog development languages.
• Experience implementing complex modem and/or DSP circuits in programmable logic using FPGA devices. Equivalent experience in ASIC design is also applicable.
• Experience implementing industry standard interfaces (e.g. 10/100/1000 Ethernet, SPI, UART, SDRAM, DDR3, JESD, PCIe, Ethernet).
• Experience in simulation, synthesis, and placement software tools such as ModelSim, Synplicity, Xilinx Vivado / ISE and/or Altera Quartus development tool sets.
• Experience in laboratory debug techniques using digital scopes, logic analyzers, BERTS, and other complex measurement devices.
• FPGA Design using High-speed serial interfaces (3+ Gbps)
• Familiarity with code revision management tools such as Git/Clearcase.
• Familiarity with C/C++/C# and Matlab/Simulink.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.