PDS Tech Inc Aircraft Structures Mechanic II-747 Special Access in San Antonio, Texas
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an Aircraft Structures Mechanic, in San Antonio, TX.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Able to perform close tolerance drilling, reaming, removal, and installation to critical support structures and fracture critical areas.
• Ability and understanding of locating blind holes necessary for installation of new structural items to existing structure.
• Perform efforts associated with sealing, painting, shimming, and preserving structure in accordance with standard repair processes.
• Demonstrates the capability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical orders, process specification, and retrofit requirements to perform structural modification/repair.
• Experienced in the use of tooling assemblies and fixtures for depot level modification and repair of structural parts.
• Work typically requires a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components, a thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems.
• A detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc. is required.
• The mechanic will be required to access aircraft data via computer systems and initiate on-line parts and discrepancy requests.
• Operate a forklift, mobile crane, and riding type electric powered elevating equipment to accomplish work assignment.
• Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
• The candidate must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
• Must be able to work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
High school diploma or GED and typically 3 or more years Heavy structures, overhaul and modifications experience on Heavy commercial aircraft.
This position will require the ability to obtain customer approval for access. Dual citizenship or prior citizenship of any other country may preclude ability to obtain access. A 3rd party background check relating to personal and business finances, residences, employment history, past drug use, prior military service, and criminal behavior will be conducted prior to a start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.