PDS Tech Inc Mechanical Engineer 2 in San Diego, California
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Mechanical Engineer 2, in San Diego, CA.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• General frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques. Demonstrates the skill and ability to perform moderately complex professional tasks. Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of increasing scope and complexity as assigned. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy. Works under general supervision. Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects
Providing detailed designs of aircraft systems and installations.
• Should posses a strong understanding of electrical-mechanical component design principles of mechanical engineering and the understanding of structural, electrical, and thermal relationships.
• CAD detailed design.
• Engineering colaboration between procurement and production for the interpretation of engineering design, documentation, and BOM management.
• Candidate must be able to meet aggressive/accelerated schedule deadlines.
• Contribute to the development of engineering schedules.
• Participating with production planning for ground systems.
• Advising Project Engineer and Program Staff as technical liaison for hardware systems.
• Participate and produce technical drawings under ASME Y14.100, procedures, and other documents to meet the design and program requirements.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Typical Minimum Education / Experience: 2+ Years with Bachelors in Science; 0 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD
• Ability to use a standard desktop (PC) computer and Windows-based tools to produce original documents including drawings, plans, procedures and reports.
• Technical writing skills.
• Ability to work productively in a team environment .
• Must possess effective oral and written communication skills in order to communicate well and interact successfully with all levels of the organization.
• Must Possess technical flexibility and willingness to learn.
• US citizenship required. Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
• Experience with Visio and Catia.
• This position requires physical ability to maneuver around equipment in test labs and storage facilities; verbal acuity to clearly communicate with personnel; and manual dexterity sufficient to use keyboards and control panels.
Preferred Qualifications: Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Experience with hardware design, analysis and production.
• Catia CAD 3D design plus full detail drawings, 2+ years of full time experience.
• Experience with airborne communication aircraft including payload rack installations, equipment and operations, platform systems integration and ground and flight testing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.