PDS Tech Inc Development Test Engineer (Dyno) in Santa Clarita, California
PDS TECH INC is currently looking for a Senior Development Test Engineer (DYNO) for our client near Santa Clarita.
Provide direct technical leadership to the CAD engineer and dyno support group (Mechanical eng.) ensuring that the operation is completed on-time and test quality requirements are met.
Evaluate, propose, plan, and execute hardware improvements of the dyno facility to constantly improve its capabilities and robustness.
Coordinate new projects introduction by organizing status meetings, providing visibility outside the department, assigning tasks, tracking cost and ensuring all results meet expectations.
Participate and support a wide range of mechanical trouble shooting, hardware improvements, new project introductions in order to support the operation and engine development plans across platforms.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, academic studies in thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, rotating assemblies and vibration.
· 10 year experience within a Research and Development engine testing environment utilizing engine dynamometers and associated testing equipment, a plus.
· Minimum 10 year experience on mechanical assemblies, rotating assembly design.
· Extensive hands on experience (mastery of functional skills) in areas of expertise.
· Proven capability to interface with a wide range of associates and suppliers.
· Troubleshoot complex problems and develop solutions with strong investigative, organizational, and analytical skills.
· Good knowledge and consideration of factors impacting decisions (cost, schedules, past history).
· Strong communication, problem solving, and decision making skills.
· Strong skills to present ideas and data, and communicating effectively in a diverse group environment.
· Must be able to take charge of on-site issues and drive to completion all problems and issues relating to the dyno facility.
· Effective leadership and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work in a team environment and under minimal supervision.
· Project management experience using Microsoft Project, MS Office or similar software.
· Excellent planning and coordinating skills.
Technical Skills required:
· Technical expertise in the system involved in facilities surrounding engine dynamometers, including but not limited to dynamometers electric motors and drives/control systems/measurement units and fluid conditioners.
· Technical expertise in control system, set up of PIDs.
· Ability to read production assembly drawings, facility drawings and schematics.
· Knowledge of internal combustion engine theory and operation is preferred.
· 5-7 years’ experience with measurement and data logging equipment related to engine testing utilizing an engine dynamometer.
· Experience specifying, investigating, evaluating, and selecting testing equipment and measurement systems and associated spares. Technical report writing experience.
· Strong data analysis skills.
· Understanding of high performance internal combustion engine is preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.