PDS Tech Inc IT/Networking Engineer - Racing / Motorsports in Santa Clarita, California
PDS Tech is currently seeking a IT/Networking Engineer for Racing / Motorsports for our client in Santa Clarita, CA.
Relocation assistance is available.
Heavy travel required.
Sorry, no C2C or 10-99 available on this project.
• Part of traveling Trackside Support Group - supporting race and test events
• Maintain and troubleshoot the trackside network (LAN, WAN and WLAN)
• Support and administer Windows based services such as Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS and DHCP
• Support specific hardware and software at track and on premises
• Troubleshooting of network issues
• Setup/monitor/teardown trackside IT systems during trackside activities
• Support and maintain trackside IT inventory, examples include desktops, laptops, peripherals, network gear, intercoms, and radio equipment.
• Utilize monitoring and diagnostic tools to maintain reliable network and aid in quick issue resolution/failover solution
• Support data synchronization between various locals
• Work with factory-based network and systems administrators to ensure robust and sufficient trackside systems
• Investigate and implement new technologies to improve trackside data collection, storage, and syncing across multiple locals
2-3 years’ experience
Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology (or similar) Engineering or equivalent work experience.
Minimum 2-3 years of experience, ideally in a high paced or motorsports sector.
Experience with networking and network administration.
Excellent computing skills, competent with main Microsoft products and with Microsoft and Azure ecosystem. Hardware specification, configuration experience. Experience with Cisco, NetApp, CradlePoint systems. Edge computing experience.
Programming skills to include Python, Matlab, C# preferred.
Knowledge of car data systems is of benefit, examples include PI, McLaren, Bosch. Strong documentation skills.
Heavy travel is required.
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to effectively interface with various personality types
Ability to work in team environment
Ability to be self-directed and able to work under minimal supervision
Well organized and detailed oriented who can effectively work well under pressure in a diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.