PDS Tech Inc Materials Engineer - Entry Level in Santa Clarita, California
PDS TECH INC is currently looking for a Materials Engineer for Motorsport client in SoCal.
Performs laboratory analysis on engine components using equipment for which the personnel has been trained.
Prepares metallurgical samples for failure analysis investigation, including specimen cutting, mounting, grinding, polishing and etching.
Prepares standard reports on metallurgical findings and conclusions on failed components and assist in recommending appropriate action to correct or resolve issues.
Maintain laboratory and analytical equipment used in the facility.
Conducts microscopic, macroscopic examinations, and other tests on metallic and non-metallic samples.
Performs other duties as directed.
• Ability to read, understand and follow instructions, procedures, and other required documentation.
• Must show a willingness to learn safe handling of laboratory equipment and machinery.
• Working ability in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Ability to follow and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
• Ability to follow safety practices and recognizing hazards.
• Comfortable to learn handling of chemicals and corrosive substances.
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
• Comfortable working in team-based environment.
• Ability to recognize problems or issues and either take initiative to resolve them or seek appropriate help.
• Ability to follow Company Policies & Procedures
Must be able to lift or carry parts or other items weighing up to 20 pounds throughout the laboratory.
Should be capable of using hands to operate equipment.
Must have near vision to read and use different types of microscopes in performance of duties.
• High School diploma or GED.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgy, Material Science, Chemistry or equivalent preferred
• Basic knowledge of metallurgy and chemistry preferred.
• Entry level experience preferred.
Proprietary - US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED - NO SPONSORSHIPS
If you are interested, please send resume to: email@example.com then call DJ 714-384-0004
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.