PDS Tech Inc System Simulation Eng (Auto Powertrain) in Santa Clarita, California
PDS TECH INC is currently looking for a System Simulation Engineer for our Motorsports client in Santa Clarita, CA.
Will work remote with some travel.
•We are looking for an experienced, intelligent, professional engineer, with particular attention to the following personal attributes.
•Experience of contemporary automotive powertrains. As part of our Simulation Group, the role will be to prepare, run and analyze the results of the system simulations. On a day to day basis the role will operate with a significant level of autonomy.
• Simulations - Setup and running of system simulations on our in-house systems as well as remote cluster.
• Reporting - Interpretation & analysis of results and summarizing for the wider design and development team to make use of them.
• Automation - Development of scripts and macros to manage and improve the automated simulation tasks.
• Development – Generation of novel methods and techniques to tackle new problems in system analysis.
• Interaction with the wider design team Liaison with the wider design team and other internal organizations.
• Assist parametric modelling of components.
• Understanding testing and instrumentation used to measure data for validation of simulations.
• Preparation of detailed technical presentations for project engineering review.
• Master's Degree or equivalent in Engineering
• Proficient with GT-Suite with several years’ experience with that code.
• Gas-exchange, valvetrain, cooling and cranktrain simulation and model correlation experience
• Experience in Co-Simulation and Design Optimization (DoE) will be a plus.
• Experience with test data processing tools such as AVL Concerto
• Programming skills in MATLAB, Java and Python.
• Working knowledge of iSight, HEEDS and CATIA an asset.
• High standard of care and attention to the quality of your work - including good practice record keeping, documentation, standards / conventions.
• Responsible, autonomous, team player - capable of leading development projects.
• Flexible working hours and the ability to work well under pressure are both central to this role, along with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Proprietary work: U.S. Citizenship or Green Card REQUIRED
If you are interested in discussing, please s end your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.