PDS Tech Inc Systems/Data Engineer (DAG) in Santa Clarita, California
PDS Tech is currently seeking a Systems/Data Engineer (DAG) for our client in Santa Clarita, CA
• Part of traveling Trackside Support Group - supporting race and test events
• Provide trackside engineering support to client and customer teams
• Understanding and support for full vehicle data and controls systems, including looms, hardware, and software
• Analyze Data for car reliability and sensor quality
• Report daily regarding relevant information and issues during race and test attendances
• Setup/monitor/teardown trackside IT systems during trackside activities
• Setup and monitoring of real-time telemetry and data systems
• Support and maintain trackside IT inventory, examples include desktops, laptops, peripherals, network gear, intercoms, and radio equipment.
3-5 years’ experience
BS degree in Electrical/Mechanical engineering with emphasis in racing vehicle controls and data acquisition systems, or equivalent work experience
3-5 years of working in a professional racing environment, preferably in a track support role in high-level motorsport, Formula E, LMP1 Hybrid, Formula 1 hybrid era experience beneficial.
Extensive hands-on experience with motorsports powertrains and related mechanical and electronic systems.
Hybrid Electric experience desired.
Previous report writing and database experience.
Thorough understanding of high-performance engines/vehicles, both theoretical and practical experience.
Thorough understanding of racing vehicle controls and data acquisition/telemetry systems, CAN bus expertise, troubleshooting and faults identification.
Experience with real-time telemetry systems.
Basic IT knowledge (networking, hardware, cloud computing, etc.)
Excellent computing skills, competent with main Microsoft products, McLaren System Monitor and ATLAS, Pi Research analysis software.
Programming skills to include Python, Matlab, C# preferred.
Heavy Travel is required.
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work in team environment and able to work under minimal supervision
Ability to be self-directed, detailed oriented who can effectively work well under pressure in a diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.