PDS Tech Inc Maintenance Mechanic in Santa Fe Springs, California
PDS Tech, Inc is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic in Santa Fe Springs, CA.
Responsible for trouble shooting, performing minor repairs, assisting with major repairs and performing preventive maintenance inspections on all production machinery, production systems and plant support equipment
• Perform minor repairs and install equipment within the capabilities of the job classification
• Assist in diagnosing mechanical and electrical malfunctions on equipment by using standard trouble shooting techniques, drawings/schematics, manuals and instructions from higher skilled personnel.
• Perform periodic preventive maintenance on equipment and make recommendations for corrective action.
• Responsible for returning tools and equipment to their proper storage locations and reporting missing items and known defects to supervisor.
• Responsible for notifying supervision when spare parts and supply inventories are low and make recommendations for quantities required.
• Use precision measuring equipment such as micrometers, vernier calipers; dial indicators and meters to assist in the diagnostics and repair of equipment as instructed by higher skilled personnel.
• Lubricate machinery and equipment as recommended by the original equipment manufacturer.
• Must operate a forklift when required.
• Perform general pipe fitting tasks, plumbing tasks and minor electrical tasks as required to maintain the facility and production equipment
• Perform other duties and assignments which include: water treatment, chemical and chemical spill management, minor fork lift repairs, building repairs, plumbing repairs and assisting peers.
• Zero Accidents
• Comply with all Carbon Products EH&S policies and procedures, including personal protective equipment use, housekeeping standards, and EH&S training requirements.
• Use appropriate equipment and tools to perform job functions safely.
• Handling of hazardous materials.
• Handling of hazardous waste.
• Handling of 90-day storage area.
• Experience working with pumps, vacuum systems, rebuilding valves, cooling tower systems, machine tool maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Education: HS Diploma
• Citizenship: US Person
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.