PDS Tech Inc Airworthiness Inspector Sr in Savannah, Georgia
PDS is seeking a Airworthiness Inspector Sr for an open position in Savannah, GA.
The Senior Airworthiness Inspector physically inspects aircraft, aircraft components, and reviews related paperwork to ensure that workmanship meets acceptable standards of quality, and that customer aircraft are returned to service in an airworthy condition with all required documentation properly completed and filed.
1. 1. Responsible for all quality control inspections on aircraft/components in the Repair Station.
2. 2. Completes inspections of aircraft, engine, and component repairs and alterations to ensure conformity to FAA approved/acceptable data.
3. 3. Coordinates mechanical, electrical and inspection requirements on the aircraft during maintenance or outfitting.
4. 4. Keeps accurate, neat and legible records of the work performed on aircraft/components.
5. 5. Coordinates throughout assigned jobs with RTS to ensure accurate aircraft records are produced in a timely manner.
6. 6. Conducts audits of maintenance documentation for accuracy and completion on all aircraft prior to approval for return to service.
7. 7. Ensures aircraft/components are airworthy prior to any flight activities.
8. 8. Mentors technicians on effective documentation.
Accomplishes research of Aircraft Log Books and or computer maintenance programs to identify ongoing inspection programs, status of aircraft within those programs, airworthiness Directive status, and Service Bulletin status.
Continually monitors repair station compliance with FAR Part 145 and the FAA accepted site Repair Station and Quality Control Manual.
Assists leads and supervisors in training of Airworthiness Inspectors. Promote high standards of quality through instruction and by setting the example.
Works with and instructs subordinate mechanics/technicians in troubleshooting and operational/functional procedures.
Signs FAA 8130-9 Statement of conformity on projects completed on his/her aircraft.
May perform ODA functions as assigned.
In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High School graduate/GED.
Airframe and Powerplant License required.
Six (6) years aircraft/component inspection experience to include (3) years experience on large or mid-size aircraft.
- Flight test experience
Proficient in the utilization of Federal Aviation Regulations, FAA forms and documents.
Proficient in blueprint reading, use/interpretation of Maintenance Manuals, test specifications and other inspection related documentation as required.
Familiar with FAA certification approval processes.
Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to effectively prioritize tasks.
Strong computer skills. Proficient with Microsoft Word. Minimum 20 WPM typing speed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.