PDS Tech Inc Software Verification Engineer 3 in Savannah, Georgia
PDS Tech is seeking a Software Verification Engineer 3 in Savannah Georgia
Position Purpose :
Guides successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of aircraft products and services.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1. Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues 2. Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field 3. Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities 4. Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule 5. Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results 6. Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative
Additional Functions: 1. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Five (5) ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
• Degree in Software Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
• Familiarity with real-time embedded software applications, preferably for airborne electronic systems.
• Experience performing software verification activities for airborne electronic systems preferred (Flight Control Systems or Avionics for example).
• Proficient in MATLAB/Simulink.
• Experience performing Hardware in the Loop testing, including unit testing (test bench) and in a lab integrated with peripheral systems and real-time simulations.
• Basic understanding of C/C++ or an equivalent programming language.
• Familiarity with DO-178C and DO-331 preferred.
• Capable of working with Version Control Systems (SVN, git, or equivalent).
• Experience writing software requirements.
• Experience authoring requirements-based test procedures.
• Working knowledge of the principles of control science and theory.
• Ability to read and understand functional block diagrams.
Other Requirements : 1. Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred
The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.