PDS Tech Inc Sr Mechanical Design Engineer in South Bend, Indiana
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Sr Mechanical Design Engineer, in South Bend, IN.
Composite Design and Analysis Specialist
• Providing model development by taking structure-property models developed from the nano and micro scales to the scale of the composite structure.
• Investigating the influence of defect structures and interfaces in establishing material behavior and performance.
• Understanding defect structures and interfaces in materials in general so work on carbon-carbon can build on the established models used for metals and ceramics and respective composites.
• Linking the needs of the mechanical design team to the capabilities of the materials engineers to effect optimal fiber/matrix architecture.
• Providing key input to the R&D process so materials property development and process development address the customer driven design objectives.
YOU MUST HAVE
• Minimum Master’s degree in Engineering or Science
• PhD degree in Material Science or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
• Graduate level engineer with materials knowledge, broad knowledge of commercial FEM tools, ability to write FEM, Discrete Element Models.
• Broad analytical skills with emphasis on using and/or directing finite element analysis (FEA) desired for mechanical components.
• Demonstrated process automation experience using scripting languages is highly desired (VBA, Matlab, Python, FORTRAN, etc.)
• 5 years of composite mechanical modeling experience or materials atomistic modelling.
• Composite design and analysis skills in carbon, metal matrix or ceramic matrix composites
• Previous experience with the application of finite element techniques to the solution of steady state and transient heat transfer problems.
• Fracture mechanics and fatigue experience.
• Experience with monotonic and cyclic mechanical testing of materials.
• Good communication and presentation skills to interact with engineering teams, other disciplines, and customers.
• Knowledge of Six Sigma tools and application.
• Ability to support design decision, deal with ambiguity, drive for results, and creatively resolve issues by evaluation of technical data and risk assessments
• Demonstrated leadership attributes, customer and team interaction in previous or current role
• Demonstrated track record for problem solving, managing requirements, and meeting commitments
• Self-motivated, zealot for growth and willing to take ownership
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.