PDS Tech Inc Laboratory Technician in Sunnyvale, California
PDS Tech is seeking a Laboratory Technician, in Sunnyvale, CA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Maintenance of lab and machine shop equipment and tools
• Manage calibration of lab and machine shop tools and equipment
• Perform procurement of supplies services for the test lab
• Ensure Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) compliance
• Preparation of test samples by sectioning, mounting, grinding, polishing of specimens when necessary
• Update system and stakeholders on backlog and progress
• Set up, operate and clean laboratory equipment
• Assist Operations and Engineering on various non-standard test/inspections as required
• Test preparations for bonded assemblies
• Assist in performing chemical lab testing: chemical composition, viscosity, water content, etc.
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES
- Duties require judgment to work independently toward general results. Must be able to effectively communicate and work with a variety of departments and personnel that are supported.
• Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Science, or another relevant STEM degree with applicable experience in Test Lab.
• Minimum 2 years experience working in a chemical, mechanical, or metallurgical test lab.
• Knowledge of mechanical test equipment such as load frames.
• Knowledge of metallurgical tests including sample preparation for microstructural analyses or hardness testing
• Experience with procurement of lab supplies and equipment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.