PDS Tech Inc CNC Setup Machinist in Tanner, Alabama
The CNC Setup Specialist is responsible for maintaining technical support in the flow of work per the direction of the Machining Production Manager. The CNC Setup Specialist will train and oversee the performance of setup/changeovers on 5-axis horizontal mills. The CNC Setup Specialist will require the Technician to load/unload tools, change out fixtures, and run the NC program. The CNC Setup Specialist will remain at the machine assisting the Technicians until first piece verification. After production has begun, the Specialist may need to assist the Technicians and Operators with any issues they have. The CNC Setup Specialist will also be required to stage the tooling for each job. Staging will include loading the tools with heat-shrink equipment, balancing, and pre-setting the length.
ESSESNTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Troubleshoot, repair and maintain machining equipment
• Must be able to perform CNC Fixture Changes
• Understanding of Tool Offsets
• Read blueprints, diagrams, schematics, operation manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications for repairs.
• Must have CNC setup experience
• Knowledge of cutting tools
• Must be Quality Conscious
• Must be knowledgeable of NC Programing
• CNC controls (e.g., Siemans, Fanuc, Mazatrol)
• Perform routine inspection of manufactured goods and equipment.
REQUIREMENTS (including educational requirements)
• Must have a high school diploma, or equivalent required.
• Minimum two years ‘of relevant experience in a technician role in a manufacturing operation capacity.
• Pre-Setter experience (preferred not required)
• Coordination and organizing abilities required
• Must be able to communicate effectively and respectfully with company employees, vendors, contractors, and all levels of management.
• Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment.
• Must have excellent hand and eye coordination.
• Must have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.