PDS Tech Inc Business Development Manager in Tehachapi, California
Please note--the client would prefer a candidate with several years per job--this is a perm placement position
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
Manages and coordinates the activities and operations of the business development department and staff; develops and implements the business development strategy, sales plan, and forecasts.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Identifies and generates new business; develops and delivers sales presentations.
• Develops customer relations including but not limited to sales leads, research, cold calling, qualifying leads, developing leads, and customer service.
• Maintains and develops client relations for new and larger established existing customers, assuring all existing customer are contacted regularly to ensure customer satisfaction and develop need-based marketing relations.
• Develops sales documentation including but not limited to spreadsheets, correspondence, presentations, and internal paperwork for new customer proposals and presentations.
• Develops and implements a sales action plan with objectives and strategies to increase revenue and aggressively acquire new accounts.
• Develops an effective sales presentation that is continually tested and used in the field.
• Develops and implements a plan for closing business and maintaining long-term customer relationships.
• Seeks/creates opportunities to expand business with current clients; identifies further business needs and develops and presents solutions.
• Grows existing accounts to full potential and generates maximum revenue on a long-term basis.
• Develops, implements, and maintains procedures that enhance the efficiency of the business development team.
• Attends conventions, conferences, and trade shows as needed; prepares post-event reports and analysis.
• Travel as necessary to accomplish new business acquisition duties and responsibilities.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, or ten years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. HR001.000 Rev. - 2
• Demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels of an organization.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Acute attention to detail.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient using Microsoft Office.
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
• Must Pass pre-placement drug screen and background investigation.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
• Customer Service—Manages/understands customer expectations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments. • Leadership--Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
• Business Acumen--Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
• Professionalism--Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Dependability--Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Innovation--Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.