PDS Tech Inc Quality Assurance Manager in Tehachapi, California
Please note--the client would prefer a candidate with several years per job--this is a temp-to-perm placement position
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for oversight and continual improvement of the Quality Management System (QMS) and the relevant processes and procedures that are necessary to ensure compliance with AS9100D/ISO9001:2015.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain and improve the AS9100D/ISO9001:2015 Quality Management System.
• Direct activities to identify, define, and resolve quality problems and provide strategic guidance to Quality Inspectors.
• Positively interact with Engineering and Operations to drive quality initiatives and best practices.
• Work with the Operations Manager and Manufacturing Leads to ensure quality requirements are clearly understood, documented and incorporated into the manufacturing plans.
• Partner with Manufacturing Engineering to incorporate the requirements of the QMS into manufacturing documentation and work packages.
• Develop, maintain, and monitor performance metrics that supports the Quality goals/objectives.
• Manages the Internal Audit program and serves as a liaison with third party auditors utilizing corrective action to drive change.
• Manage Configuration Management and Document Control while maintaining Technical Library of files for completed manufacturing, configuration management, and quality inspection documentation.
• Maintain the Calibration program.
• Develop and initiate standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation and ensures that appropriate inspections and tests are performed.
• Assist and/or prepare Quality Assurance Documentation to include Non-Conformance Reports, Standard Repairs, Corrective/Preventive Action Requests.
• Establish systems to improve supplier quality with Supply Chain Management
• Establish, track, analyze, and report the results of key quality metrics during periodic reviews of the Quality Management System with to Senior Leadership. HR001.000 Rev. - 2
• Promote a culture of quality awareness and coordinating changes across all departments and is actively engaged with stakeholders at all levels ensuring correct procedures are followed and changes are accurately recorded, scheduled, and controlled.
• Analyzes potential future needs and develops time-phased plans to acquire personnel, technology, and equipment to support anticipated requirements.
• Evaluates quality personnel performance and provide training to department personnel or others as needed.
• Establishes program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS :
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Manufacturing, Aerospace Engineering, or similarly relevant field required.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years’ prior experience establishing and maintaining a Quality Management System or quality assurance related management and direct supervisory experience in an aerospace manufacturing, modification or production environment.
• Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015, AS 9100, FAA Part 145 Repair Station, DOD, MIL-STD, and other relevant aerospace industry standards is required.
• Quality certification desirable, such as CQM, CQE, or related
• In-depth understanding of inspection techniques, testing, and documenting of quality issues as it relates to composite fabrication and assembly.
• Ability to work with Microsoft tools, CATIA, Solid works, or computer generated models or other similar types of engineering data.
• Must exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers.
• Must exhibit proven ability to lead, motivate and build teams
• Must be a trustworthy and dependable professional with the capacity to work well under pressure with minimal instruction/supervision.
• Must be willing and able to work various shifts and weekends as required to assure projects are successfully completed.
• Must pass pre-placement drug screen and background investigation.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.