PDS Tech Inc Drafting Technician in Tempe, Arizona
PDS Tech is currently seeking a Drafting Technician for our client in Tempe, AZ
Under general supervision, accompanied by support from drafting and engineering personnel, performs technical and skilled design drafting assignments requiring the application of fundamental engineering and advanced drafting skills to formulate and prepare complex and detailed engineering drawings associated with the construction, modification and maintenance or project facilities.
Job Responsibilities :
• Uses manual and/or computer drafting skills to prepare drawings from notes, marked prints, verbal/written instructions, calculations or rough sketches.
• Researches, extracts and integrates engineering data obtained from various sources to produce the required designs.
• Reviews all information received from others or formulated by self for accuracy and completeness to minimize drafting/engineering errors.
• Performs field checks as necessary to assure that new designs will interface with existing facilities and systems.
• Applies engineering theory and/or performs mathematical calculations to achieve the completed design.
• Assists in developing new and improving existing manual and/or computer graphics drawing procedures through experimentation and innovation.
• Assists supervisor in the training and instructing of drafting personnel, as required.
• Assists in providing technical assistance and quality assurance for other drafters in support of design effort.
• Performs and may lead other drafters in field research on temporary assignments away from permanency headquarters.
• Submits requests for technical support (computer program, etc.), simplifying and expediting drawing procedures.
• Performs production design drafting and/or checking.
• Assumes duties and responsibilities of a higher classification, if designated, for upward mobility training.
• 3-5 of years experience required.
Microstation experience preferred, will also consider candidates with Auto Cad.
Open to designer experience, long term, could go over the year contract and be hired on.
Designer experience helpful.
Strong background in drafting desired .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.