PDS Tech Inc Senior Advanced Mechanical Engineer in Tempe, Arizona
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Senior Advanced Mechanical Engineer, in Tempe, AZ.
• Knowledge of aerospace requirements
• Experience working with bearing vendors.
• Able to design and size a bearing for optimal performance at specific operating conditions and loads. Including:
o Material selection (i.e. base material, coatings, platings)
o Grade, type (note: typical Tempe bearings include deep groove, angular contact, roller/needle and pure thrust bearings), cage, preload, shield/seal, and rolling element selection
o Internal geometry effects on load capacity, bearing stiffness, and fatigue life
o Thermal effects on internal / external clearances and material
o Incorporating environmental effects (i.e. low pressure or vacuum, humidity, salt, high contamination, extreme low or high temperatures) in bearing analysis
o Calculating Hertzian contact stresses. Calculating B10 life using fatigue approach and/or field experience
• Able to select appropriate lubrication (i.e. grease, oil, dry, carbon-graphite) or account for chosen system lubrication in bearing analysis
• Ability to calculate bearing life for “X” percentage of reliability and how it is incorporated in reliability analysis
• Bearing test experience; familiarity with choosing suitable testing for bearing development, qualification, or substantiation
o Identifying successful or failed bearings post-test
• Proficiency or experience in solving bearing-related Root cause corrective actions and identifying failure modes and effects. Need to be able to identify:
o Bearing generated failures through investigation
o Secondary bearing failures due to primary failure through investigation
MUST BE US CITIZEN
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering and 8-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.