PDS Tech Inc Senior IT Systems Analyst in Tempe, Arizona
PDS Tech is currently seeking a Senior IT Systems Analyst for our client in Tempe, AZ
This position is a member of the Enterprise Work Management Solutions team, responsible for enterprise asset and work management applications, specifically IBM Maximo and related industry solutions. The Systems Analyst is responsible for working closely with subject matter experts from different operations groups across the company, technical team members and other project stakeholders and providing leadership throughout the Software Development Life Cycle. This individual must possess solid business acumen, strong oral and written communication skills, flexibility, self-motivation, and stakeholder management skills. They also must have the ability to bridge the business/IT divide in a way that establishes rapport, persuades stakeholders, and gains understanding and trust.
• Performs IT work in Software Development, Database Administration, Data Warehouse Analysis, Systems Programming, Network Engineering, Data Storage, or Unified Communications & Messaging
• Performs as a Project Leader and is responsible for planning, scheduling and monitoring projects
• Work collaboratively with departments to effectively communicate progress and performance
• Identify trends and root causes of challenges, determines solutions, and makes recommendations for management consideration
• Applies client and IT processes/methods, practices and techniques to deliver solutions
• Facilitate and document discovery and requirements gathering sessions
• Identify and manage functional requirements
• Develop and validate use cases
• Business Process Modeling
• Document key content deliverables (Requirements & Functional Design Docs, Test Scripts, Training Materials)
Completion of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution that prepares the employee for the assignment.
Promotion to Level 2 requires a minimum of two years of experience at Level 1; demonstrated capability to perform advanced and more difficult work as determined by the supervisor. Promotion to Senior Level requires a minimum of three-years of experience at Level 2; is fully competent in all aspects of functional area of assignment and as such would be recognized as a specialist in area of assignment and may have periodic or occasional lead responsibilities
• At least 5 years’ experience as a Business/Systems Analyst with extensive hands on experience with requirements documentation, facilitating and interviewing techniques to extract and validate user requirements
• At least 5 years hands on experience with Requirements, Design, Construction, Testing and Implementation phases of software development
• At least 2 years’ experience with business process modeling
Responsible for planning, scheduling, and monitoring for projects. Occasional contacts with vendors of software, equipment, and services. Occasional travel to industry organizational functions and facilities. Ability to work effectively using the services of various organizational groups within company. Depending on assignment, frequent requirement to work with confidential data such as payroll and employee information
• Experience supporting IBM Maximo 7.x applications
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.