PDS Tech Inc Substation Design/Construction Engineer. in Tempe, Arizona
PDS Tech is currently seeking an Substation Design/Construction Engineer. in Tempe, AZ.
Provides project management and engineering support for design, procurement, construction, testing and acceptance activities of major substation and transmission line facilities consistent with SRP’s design, cost, schedule and quality criteria. Performs project studies and initial engineering for new substation and associated transmission line facilities. Leads project activities of staff support functions. Coordinates implementation of multi-year, high-value, high visibility design and construction projects.
• Responsible for project management and engineering activities including planning, design, construction, testing and commissioning efforts of facilities. This includes directing, assigning, and prioritizing project work plans.
• Performs and coordinates project engineering studies consisting of scoping, cost estimating, scheduling, initial engineering and drawing development.
• Directs and coordinates project activities supported by a matrix team consisting of internal departments and external consultants/contractors. Serves as the single point of contact with outside entities.
• Provides support on major projects including reviews of: planning, design, material, constructability, proposals, specifications, and contract documents.
• Supports and manages the formulation of specific project reports including project management status updates to provide visibility to current and potential situations.
• Administers and coordinates the development, implementation, and maintenance of standard processes and procedures for all project stakeholders.
• Establishes and monitors the project budget and schedule; and provides team leadership to support schedule and budget performance.
• Manages procurement/award of material and contracted services including consultants, material/equipment, and construction contracts with direct recommendation responsibility.
5 years’ experience, minimum
Engineer, ABET accredited, electrical preferred
Preferred utility experience in substation design and/or construction
Preferred experience leading/managing projects
Bachelors in Engineering preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.