PDS Tech Inc Manufacturing Engineer in Tewksbury, Massachusetts
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking Manufacturing Engineer in Tewksbury, MA.
• Develop process improvements to drive operations to cost savings and scrap reduction initiatives through our PPI business system
• Drive root cause analysis on production failures and offer a resolution to eliminate issues
• Analyze product variance reports (nonconformities) and build Pareto reports to identify high-value targets. Prioritize and provide resolution to resolve failures.
• Analyze production test and assembly data to benchmark product capability and identify challenges. Formulate plans to prioritize improvements
• Evaluate the efficiency and benefit of production test systems and fixtures. Implement solutions to resolve gaps and optimize performance
• Operate as the calibration technical specialist for the Manufacturing Engineering team.
• Perform large-scale data analytics to quantify calibration performance versus specification metrics and identify improvement areas.
• Develop and implement plans to address calibration issues and reduce cycle times
• Partner with Manufacturing Engineering to provide engineering and troubleshooting support to production and depot repair supervisors
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Optical Physics, Electro-Optics, Physics, Electrical Engineering. 5 years experience with process improvement roles in a production environment.
• Confirmed experience in leading and delivering significant cost-saving and process improvement projects.
• Exhibit using strong analytical and problem-solving skills to formulate data-based decisions
• Proficiency in optical alignment techniques, evaluating ray tracing diagrams, understanding and fixing Opto-mechanical systems.
• Simplify and reduce optical alignment processes to achieve performance metrics. Develop beneficial test systems to validate optical, mechanical, electrical assemblies.
• Lead team projects to consistently achieve goals through strong communication, delegation, and collaboration
• Organizing and clearly communicating data, creating work instructions, test procedures, and exercising engineering change control
• Experience with Labview, C+/C# programming and optomechanical assemblies a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.