PDS Tech Inc Mechanical Engineer 2 in Thief River Falls, Minnesota
PDS Tech is looking for an Mechanical Engineer II in Thief River Falls, MN or a remote opportunity:
• Follow specifications and design requirements for new or revised mechanical systems and components during vehicle assembly.
• Design and analyze layouts, components, and detailed drawings.
• Use tolerances, specification limits, and GD&T to perform accurate tolerance stack-up analyses.
• Ensure accuracy of all CAD work and maintain well-organized records.
• Utilize 3D modeling software (Siemens NX or Pro/E) to produce models and drawings, and work with CAD designers to produce 3D models and drawings of new and revised designs.
• Perform analysis and calculations for mechanical system and component designs using computer-based analysis and simulation techniques such as FEA, CFD, and dynamic simulation tools.
• Ensure all drawings, calculations, bills of materials, and cost objectives are adhered to according to project schedules.
• Develop and oversee prototyping plans for new parts and engines and work in cross functional teams to procure and fabricate prototype parts.
• Assist the assembly of prototype parts and engines to ensure accurate build of product.
• Create appropriate test and validation plans for new and revised designs and monitor to ensure performance that meets or exceed the design requirements.
• Assist in the development and accuracy of Bills of Material (BOMs) and Engineering Change Notice (ECNs).
• Support the development of service manuals and part books.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a closely-related curriculum, from an ABET-accredited university
Years of Experience : 2or more years of experience; experience with vehicle systems preferred
Software Knowledge : CAD, SolidWorks, ProE, UG-NX, CATIA, SAP, Microsoft Office
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.