PDS Tech Inc Senior Advanced Mechanical Engineer in Torrance, California
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Senior Advanced Mechanical Engineer, in Torrance, CA.
• Design and analysis of heat transfer in practice and theory (analytical correlations and complex finite element methods) and related topics in thermodynamics, single and multi-phase flows, and energy systems
• Evaluate and determine thermal cooling capability for motors and turbomachinery
• Provide technical oversight to global engineering teams across time zones
• Provide technical guidance to junior engineers
• Requirements validation
• Project and product compliance
• Risk management
• Process Development
• Root Cause and Corrective Action
YOU MUST HAVE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or closely related field with emphasis in heat transfer or thermal sciences
• Minimum of 8 years of experience performing thermal analysis on turbomachinery, motors and/or other similar systems
• Proficiency in all modes of heat transfer, thermodynamics, thermal sciences, and two-phase thermophysics
• Strong working knowledge of finite element software (Patran Thermal, ANSYS, Star-CCM+) & classical hand calculation methods
MUST BE US CITIZEN
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering and 8-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.