PDS Tech Inc Automotive - Vehicle Test Driver in Troy, Michigan
PDS Tech Inc., is seeking a Vehicle Test Driver in Troy, MI
The Vehicle Test Driver is in charge of operating a prototype vehicle while performing a series of tests and scene
● Carry out in-vehicle capturing and testing as required across different projects.
● Understand vehicle test equipment and debug as needed - reporting all concerns to the team.
● Adherence to driving logs, policies and procedures in place for test vehicles.
● Communication of vehicle issues as they arise with vehicle controls.
● Gain an understanding of the function being tested and find challenging use cases in the real world.
● Responsible for vehicles’ security at all times - overnight parking, ferry crossings, etc.
● Acknowledge local road laws by making him\herself aware of all regulations prior to testing.
● Organize payment of all acquired fines and tolls in a timely manner.
● Develop proficient knowledge of applicable SW packages.
● Attend review meetings and provide detailed feedback on test runs.
● Adhere to quality guidelines and in-house policies.
● Ensure Health & Safety Rules are adhered to.
● Support with internal/customer visits when requested.
● Availability to travel & work out of office hours as requested
● Complete annotation and ad-hoc team requests when test driving requests are low
● Review annotations and ensure all annotation rules are adhered to.
● Be willing to travel for advanced levels of driver training to various OEM sites.
• Willing and able to travel for long periods. The candidate will be expected to travel cross-country to California for the duration of a month.
• Must have a valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
• Experience of fleet management
• Experience of vehicle wiring and engine maintenance
• B1, B2, Tier II or Level 2 certification or equivalent license/certification preferred but not required.
• 2+ years’ experience with vehicle level testing preferred.
• Experience with data acquisition systems (computers) installed in the test vehicles and conducting specified maneuvers to test and record data to prove the performance of the system.
• Must have experience monitoring signals with the data acquisition system.
• Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communications skills, communicating in English clearly and effectively.
• Computer proficiency with basic computer programs including the Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Well motivated, self-starter, high integrity and team player.
• Able to work in a team environment, flexible, and able to multitask to meet project timing (time management skills).
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.