PDS Tech Inc Vehicle Retrofit Engineer in Troy, Michigan
PDS Tech Inc., is seeking a Vehicle Retrofit Engineer in Troy, MI
The Vehicle Retrofit Engineer is overall responsible for defining and ensuring the maturity of In-Vehicle testing tools, scene captures and datalogger setups according to the project expectation and within the defined timing plan and budget.
The Ideal candidate is a fresh graduate bachelor from an engineering degree interested in acquiring programming skills and willing to learn about ADAS technologies, highly proactive without fear to work on the field supporting technical tasks.
● Participate in the setup definition (BOM) to be used for In-Vehicle testing, scene capture, and data logger requirements based on actual client standard and/or new technologies.
● Coordinate with other teams or suppliers for the development/integration of new tools for the required setup.
● Create and follow up the vehicle retrofit plan which includes timing and budget estimations.
● In charge of the SW integration of the vehicle retrofit setup.
● Provide instructions, supervise and support with HW integration of vehicle retrofit setup while working together with a team of technicians
● Trainer and technical support for vehicle users in relation to usage or troubleshooting of the test setup.
● Create documentation related to usage and setup architecture of the system.
● Support in the selection of new technology / supplier / test tool chain for current and new projects.
● Keep up to date with new Standards in the Industry and the latest technologies and features.
● Contributes to continuous improvements in process and test methodologies.
● Commitment with training path (defined by Test Infrastructure and Tools Engineer Team Leader) to get the necessary skills to support other testing tools areas like: DV/PV testing and SystemTest setups.
● Supports the development of testing tools in cross functional areas like: DV/PV testing and SystemTest requested by the Test Infrastructure and Tools Engineer Team Leader
▪ Positioning of the Job within the Organization Chart
▪ Competence Profile for the Job Code
● A relevant Technical Engineering Degree e.g. Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, etc.
● Shall be able to read and design schematic circuits.
● Shall be able to use electronic equipment and tools (multimeter, scope, power supply)
● Shall be able to use computation packages (Word, PowerPoint, email)
● Shall have great communication skills
● Experience with CAN communication monitoring devices is a plus.
● Experience with ADAS products is a plus.
● Experience with data logger devices like: Velodyne, LuxMeters, CAN gateways, Vector data logging, etc is a plus.
● Experience in using National Instruments PXI hardware is a plus.
● Experience with digital hardware and communications protocols (e.g. I2C, PCIe, SPI, UART).
● Fluent English
● Ability to work autonomously and organize task priorities to meet project objectives.
● Strong analytical and technical documentation skills.
● High degree of innovation and a mindset of continuous learning.
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
● Knowledge of ISO26262/ISO15504/SPICE an advantage.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.