PDS Tech Inc Lab, R&D and Test Technician in Tustin, California
The technician’s primarily role is to manufacture quality products efficiently, accurately, safely and on time. Techs utilize manufacturing equipment as well as inspection instrumentation to assemble and test novel aerospace products in accordance with current company policy and industry standards. L.Garde utilizes Lean Manufacturing Methods to ensure a safe working environment where a premium is put on communication to ensure quality, cost and delivery goals are met.
Key duties/responsibilities of Technicians:
• Works safety with mechanical tools, chemical cleaning solutions and bonding adhesives;
• Performs bonding operations of light weight composite polymers and thin films;
• Assembles electro-mechanical products in a clean-room environment or test laboratory;
• Assembles electronic components including surface mount soldering of fine wires and parts under a microscope;
• Performs routine equipment maintenance and troubleshooting activities as required.
Diagnostics and Root Cause – Corrective Action (RCCA)
• Trouble-shoots and repairs complex electro-mechanical assemblies to the component level;
• Trouble-shoots manufacturing errors in electro-mechanical design and production;
• Assists with the installation and validation of process and test equipment;
• Suggests continuous improvement ideas for drawings, procedures, work instructions, shop orders and lab work requests.
• Provides advice on preventative and corrective actions to Engineering and Quality;
• May perform receiving or in process inspection including verifications of certificates of conformance and test records from suppliers;
• Ensures accurate completion of shop orders, work instructions, product test and inspection records;
• May write Manufacturing Work Instructions or Shop Orders based on experience and skill level;
• Must understand aerospace drawings and lab work requests (LWRs) including competency in the interpretation of technical requirements such as geometric dimensioning & tolerance (GD&T) standards;
• Must work well with Engineering personnel to update drawings and procedures that govern the manufacturing process
• Performs in-process, acceptance and qualification testing of prototype and flight hardware;
• Supports the development and fabrication of unique test set-ups to meet engineering requirements;
• Assists in the planning, execution and interpretation of designed experiments to identify and characterize critical process factors.
• May provide post-processing of test data to meet engineering requirements;
Team Work & Communication
• Communicates with engineering on product performance and functionality issues;
• Contributes to the development of work instructions, batch records, equipment logs;
• Assists the Technical support group with our customer’s needs for technical support;
• Follows all safety guidelines and reports unsafe conditions to a supervisor;
• Follows 5S principals to maintain a clean, safe, organized and productive work area.
This position may require you to submit to and pass a drug test and/or background check. If this is a hands-on position, you may also be required to pass a safety and productivity examination. PDS Tech, Inc. will comply with all applicable federal and state laws governing the use of such background checks and drug tests PDS Tech, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (EOE M/F/D/V) Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including: - Health insurance - Paid holidays - Weekly payroll - Immediate 401(k) eligibility - Completion bonuses - Training Please note availability of benefits may vary by position. PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. $$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$ We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!Contact a recruiter for details.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.